Dental Implants are an excellent way to replace missing teeth. We’re proud to offer several different types of dental implant solutions at our Phoenix-area offices.
Whether you are missing a tooth due to a traumatic event such as a tooth fracture or have a tooth that is not restorable, dental implants are very often an excellent and affordable alternative to bridges or partial dentures. Dr. Chris Winterholler can make your implant-supported crown appear just like your natural tooth, restoring your smile to its natural beauty.
What Is A Dental Implant?
Dental implants are quickly becoming the best choice for replacing missing teeth. The implants are made of a titanium post that is threaded. It is placed into the jawbone and eventually integrates and fuses to the bone. Once the implant is placed and has fused to the bone, an abutment or post is connected to the implant. An impression is taken of the post and a new dental crown is made in our in-office laboratory. No need to make multiple visits while we wait on labs.
Replacing Multiple Teeth or Dentures
Dental implants with what is commonly known as All-on-4* technique from Winterholler Dentistry can restore the look, feel and use of your teeth often in just one day. It’s one of our very best dental implant solutions for people living in or near Phoenix.
Full mouth implant treatment offers an effective and efficient restoration using only four implants to support a full arch. In the past, dental implants required six or eight dental implants for one arch of upper and lower missing teeth. That meant more healing time, up to a year in some cases, and more uncomfortable dentures. You can have an interim set of implant-supported teeth the same day.
Using implant software, Dr. Winterholler can more accurately diagnose and view a virtual implant placement. Dr. Winterholler attaches the new, full set of arches to a dental implant, creating more stability in bone volume.
Why Choose Dental Implants?
- Thanks to advanced cosmetic dental technology, dental implants can very closely resemble natural enamel.
- Implants are designed and placed to last many years and have helped many patients find a permanent tooth replacement solution.
- Dental implants are inherently strong because they are anchored to the jaw bone.
- The implanted tooth root keeps the artificial tooth stable and functional — there’s no need to avoid everyday foods.
- The cleaning and maintenance problems faced with removable tooth replacement options are avoided.
- The artificial tooth can be matched closely to your natural tooth shade.
- Implanted teeth are comfortable and can be brushed and flossed like natural teeth.
- The presence of an implant may prevent neighboring teeth from shifting, a common occurrence in those with missing teeth which may result in a bad bite or further tooth loss.
- The presence of a dental implant and root may help prevent bone loss in the jaw.
- The custom-made porcelain tooth can be crafted to fit seamlessly into your smile.
- Dental implants can add shape to your face and prevent a “sunken” facial appearance.
- Dental implants can restore confidence, enhance your image and help patients smile more often.
To see how dental implants can create a beautiful, complete smile, watch our dental implant video.
Dr. Chris Winterholler Is Highly Trained in Dental Implant Solutions
Dr. Chris Winterholler has placed thousands of implants successfully since 1998. He first began placing implants in 1995 at Creighton University Dental School. He then attended a year-long Implant Residency in Yorba Linda, California in 1998. Since that time he has placed many implants and is a leading dentist in the concept of Teeth in an Hour and All-on-4* dental implants. He is a Diplomate in the International College or Oral Implantologists, the highest award for implant dentists. Dr. Winterholler is a diamond-level Nobel implant provider, providing one of the highest rates of implants in the Phoenix area. Dr. Winterholler has been trained in both the surgical and restorative aspects of All-on-4 by the Malo Clinic in Lisbon, Portugal. The Malo clinic is the originators of this treatment concept.
Using his CEREC machine to mill crowns in the office and his in-office lab technician, he has been able to replace missing teeth for many patients in as little as an hour. He has been a featured speaker and author on CEREC techniques and tools.
Replacing missing teeth is affordable at our Scottsdale, Phoenix and Payson, Arizona dentistry practice. Please call or e-mail our friendly dental implant team today to set up a free personal consultation and learn more about the benefits of dental implants.
*“All-on-4” is a Registered Trademark of Nobel Biocare. Dr. Chris Winterholler DICOI is a Diamond-Level Provider of Nobel Biocare products since 2014 and has been trained in the both the surgical and restorative aspects of All-on-Four by the Malo Clinic in Lisbon, Portugal. (The originators of the All-on Four implant concept). To offer top quality to our patients, our implant services may include a number of Premium International Vendors of implant products, including Neodent, Biohorizons, Implant Direct, Dentsply Sirona / Atlantis, Cagenix, Hi Tec Dental Implants, and Straumman